Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Across the field you see the sky ripped open

A few days back I was praying and all of the sudden I found myself proclaim aloud that "This is the only shot at April 19th 2008 that I have, and I want to make it great."

Life passes so quickly, I think it’s easier for me to understand this now that I have children that change before my eyes. When we were kids my mom always used to say “This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it” – Psalms 118:24. Those words are so true, God made today with an intent purpose, not just to be another day. No, today is the day He planned for, a day in which HIS plan will be put forth. What amazing satisfaction I find in that, God has an incredible plan for today, even if today sucks as some days will, it doesn’t matter. I’m not saying I am going out and changing the world every day, but I am prayerfully seeking God and listening for His voice. When I started doing this on a regular basis I was blown away by the things that started happening.

4 comments:

Josh Mickelson said...

Attidude really is a daily thing. Good post.

JudiFree.com said...

I love the thought that this is the only chance at this day!

Josh Mickelson said...

update my effin' link on your page! it still goes to my old blogspot.

joshmickelson.wordpress.com

Brady said...

Ahh, Walmart. How I hate thee. Good blog, Carpe Diem, bud. Carpe Diem.