Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Life passes so quickly, I think it’s easier for me to understand this now that I have children that change before my eyes. When we were kids my mom always used to say “This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it” – Psalms 118:24. Those words are so true, God made today with an intent purpose, not just to be another day. No, today is the day He planned for, a day in which HIS plan will be put forth. What amazing satisfaction I find in that, God has an incredible plan for today, even if today sucks as some days will, it doesn’t matter. I’m not saying I am going out and changing the world every day, but I am prayerfully seeking God and listening for His voice. When I started doing this on a regular basis I was blown away by the things that started happening.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
So here it is....
And this is the first photo it took.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
This story reminds me of the time Mark left his Honer at the Blue Bird after the show we played with the highly acclaimed buttrock group, Theory of a Dead Man. http://www.9news.com/news/watercooler/article.aspx?storyid=89961
I just remember the roadie telling us how they were heading to Europe after the show to meet up with Puddle of Mud or someone of that nature. God bless the old Strikethurman days, long live buttrock.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
for reminding me that I can blog via email. My new company has some pretty strict internet and security policies which only increase my lack of internet presence. It has been good though as I haven’t had the opportunity to surf and waste time, instead I have been busy doing what I consider a real job for the first time in several years..
Not that my old job wasn’t legit, it was just no longer challenging. Now I actually have to use my brain again, learn all new company policies, people, systems and products. I have to stretch myself technically as I don’t have a technical resource to lean on like I used to. In other words, this is much more satisfying because I can once again accomplish something, something great. So far things have been even better than I expected and the transition has been fluid. I was worried that after 8 years with my previous company the world somehow had nothing better to offer, thankfully I was wrong.
So, thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Please continue to pray that I sell a ton of software as Tiff wants a MacBook, I lost my camera so I want a Nikon D40x and my wardrobe was sorely in need of an update as jeans no longer cut it.
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
1. If we are in bumper to bumper traffic and I let you in, please offer a "thank you" wave.
2. If I ask you how you are doing and it happens to be a Monday, please don't refer to the fact that it is indeed Monday so you are "doing as good as you can for a Monday."
3. Please don't walk up and make conversation with me at the urinal. You are a complete stranger, make friends somewhere else.
4. Please don't use the word "irregardless".
5. If you need to talk to me, please don't send me an email asking me to call you. Pick up the damn phone.
6. If the group wants to go eat pizza, please don't be the guy that says "Can't do it, just had it 2 days ago."
7. If we are at a stop light please don't pull up in the lane that has to immediately merge. Get in line like the rest of us.
8. And last (for now) but certainly not least, please for the love of god don't be the guy in the restaurant, or in public in general, that has to scream at the top of your lungs while on your cellphone so we all think you are important.