Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I don't even know what to say or how to intro this post. Over the past couple of years I have slowly stopped reading the news because of all the death and senseless tragedy. Maybe I have a soft heart, maybe it is impossible not to be affected my the endless stories of human pain. I read this story the other day and I was appalled, saddened and deeply hurt. I immediately thanked God for my children and prayed for their protection. Today they posted an update to this story which included pictures of the family. I scrolled through the slideshow and saw pictures that were full of life, hope and love. I sat in front of my laptop tonight and just cried thinking about those kids and how innocent and beautiful they are. My heart aches for the husband and father who must face life without everything. I can't help but imagine what last Friday was like for them. I am sure they woke up and went to work and about their day. They all made it home and decided to go downtown and enjoy some time together. None of them knew when they stepped out of bed that day that it would be their last together. How can people not believe in God? I guess some might ask if there is a god why he would let something like this happen. Of course he didn't "let" this happen but questions like that are hard to answer none-the-less. If you are reading this I ask that you take just a moment and pray for this man, Frank Bingham. Pray that he finds peace and comfort from the God that we selfishly ask so much from every day. Pray that if he doesn't know God that somehow through all of this he find Him. Goodnight.

Story Here

No comments: