Monday, November 20, 2006



Recently Mark Josh and I had our first writing session since the transition. I walked away feeling very refreshed and almost re-energize. We come together with no pressure, no deadlines, no preconceived notions of what should be or has to be, rather the lofty dream of creating amazing notes and melodies once again. It is a wonderful feeling to not be set in a genre and to just be open to any and every idea that comes up. We sat there for several minutes just tossing out ideas of different sounds and instruments that we could use to create. We daily surf craigslist looking for xylophones, percussion, bells, whatever we can imagine we will use. Artistic freedom seems like a generic term, but finding it once again is a terrific feeling.

The other day my wife randomly asked, "what are your dreams, your goals?". Honestly I did not know how to reply. The classics came to mind, be financially secure, raise good kids who love God, etc, and while those are very important and I would never discount them, there was more to be said. I just didn't have the answers. Perhaps this transition in my spiritual life, my ministry life, and everything else has caused my long-term focus to blur. I turn to God for clarity and guidance and know that serving him can only lead to the good life. I pray for the ability to dream but refuse to question the unknown for no other reason then just to question.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I've never read your blog before now.