Tuesday, November 28, 2006



Well thanksgiving has come and gone, man what a wonderful day this was and always is. I was thinking about it and realized that this holiday very well may be my most relaxing day of the year. Sure I love Christmas the meaning behind the day and all of the holiday spirit, but in terms of pure laziness and do nothing relaxation, thanksgiving takes the cake.



























This year was spent as most every other year. Tiff and I take turns with Holidays splitting them between our families. One year we spend Christmas here and turkey day with her family in Lamar, and the next we switch it up. Well this year was spent here in Denver with the Thomas family and as is usally the case, I was tasked with the enormous responsiblity of cooking the bird. Why would they dare trust this crucial task to me? Good question, I have never thought about that but am happy to help out. So back to last Thursday. As stated in a previous post, thanks to Tiffany's southern roots we fry our turkeys instead of baking. Frying a turkey is definately quicker in terms of sheer cooking time but alot goes into the preperation. Once the day finally rolled around Josh met me about 9:30 in the morning in my back yard to help out and kick back while we watched carefully and made sure the fryer didn't cause a fire and give us a repeat of a small and accidental fire that happened behind my house earlier this summer (hoshi and sean, I was cleaning out my closet this last week and found the evidence you so hastily hid). All in all it went according to plan. Josh and I were lazy, we threw horseshoes, he widdled wood and enjoyed a cigar and a beverage, at the dinner the food was great and a stellar time was had by all. Hope yours was great as well!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as the responsible adult over the age of 25, I'm pretty sure that all liability for said grassfire falls squarely on your shoulders my friend.