Monday, November 13, 2006

November 13th

I love this time of year. First the weather; I am not a fan of high temps and sunshine, I much prefer clouds and precipitation. It's weird but when I wake up on a cloudy morning I am pumped, unlike most people who feel gloomy.



So this time of year, the weather, the holidays, friends, food, family, all great things. I just realized that Thanksgiving is next week, man it came fast! I always look forward to it because I get to fry a couple of turkeys while enjoying a cigar and watching football (have you ever had fried turkey? It may be Gods perfect food, I am not kidding). This may be the most relaxing day of the year. Yeah we have to do a bunch of cooking and preparing but somehow it is still relaxing because you know how it all ends. On the couch, pants undone about to burst while watching football and thinking about desert.

Stay tuned for a detailed post with pictures called "How to deep fry a cajun turkey and not burn your house down".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

make sure to follow it up with "why you never leave the fried turkey grease in the fryer and in your garage." god, that smelled so bad.