Thursday, November 09, 2006

PGP STOP

I am not sure why this erks me so bad but it just does. "Irregardless". People this is not a freaking word. When you say it you are actually saying the opposite of what you mean! Please for the love of everything holy stop and start using REGARDLESS! It's a shorter word so you should have no problem remembering it, and it actually means something. Yes I am obsessed and neurotic for posting this but so be it. Here is an interesting explanation I found, and yes I guess I am a pompous, rude ahole. xoxo

1. irregardless

Used by people who ignorantly mean to say regardless. According to webster, it is a word, but since the prefix "ir" and the suffx "less" both mean "not or with" they cancel each other out, so what you end up with is regard. When you use this to try to say you don't care about something, you end up saying that you do. Of course everyone knows what you mean to say and only a pompous,rude asshole will correct you.

No comments: