Thursday, November 02, 2006

no spellcheck today

So let's see how this works. I am sitting in a meeting in downtown LA and posting from my blizackberry. Awwww the wonder that is technology.

Yesterday I was late for my flight so I ran through the airport, to the check in then security and so on only to get to my gate just as they announce a 2 hour delay due to "mechanical problems". Great, just what every passenger wants to hear, the landing gear wasn't working. I however didn't mind as I was hungry and wanted a beer. I settled into the little lounge next to my gate and had 2 seasonal brews and a basket of cheese fries. The flight went off without a hitch soon after, although there were several people at risk of missing their connecting flights due to the delay. Have you ever noticed that airlines will sometimes play some music once you land and are waiting to get to the gate? I noticed this a while back and found that it is usually some light jazz or something relaxing. I wonder if this is their way to calm peoples nerves. We hit the ground yesterday and with or without soon began to play lightly over the speakers. Awww the calm and contentment that I have always been able to find in this band.

So off I go through the airport and to the rental car shuttle. Get to the Hertz location and vwallla, they lost my reservation. No problem I will just stand in line and get a car. I finally get to the front of the line and explain my situation and the guy actually found my reservation but explained they are out of cars. This made me think of a Seinfeld episode where the exact same thing happens to Jerry. For a moment I think about saying "See anyone can just take reservations, the key is to hold the reservation. See, that's the point of the reservation." Just then the guy asked "would you like a free upgrade to a Silver Ford F-150?". I actually laughed out loud and wondered if I was being typecast. Ok,I thought, me in downtown LA in a 4X4 truck. I went to the ATM and withdrew 40$ and prepared to be mugged.

2 comments:

Josh Mickelson said...

Haha good post.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this entry. I actually imagined you being pulled out of your truck and mugged for being "country".